Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving in Ten Points

1. Took a couple of very long walks on a very beautiful beach.

2. Had afternoon drinks with the locals while listening to reggae at the Lie. I could sit in there all day quite easily.

3. Ate and drank myself silly in the company of family and good friends.

4. Had dinner at the Galaxy on Saturday. Yay!

5. Put up my rediculously gaudy Christmas tree (decorating to come) on a sunny, 72 degree day at the end of November.

6. Watched the Steelers lose (again). Watched the Lions lose (again). Watched the Redskins lose (again). No Nascar until February.

7. Did more than my fair share of the group project due tonight. Four more assignments (one a major paper) due by the end of this semester (two weeks left... eek!).

8. Slept until 10am on Sunday (even the dog did!). Still need more sleep.

9. Applied for a data coding/analysis position for a faculty member's study in the Spring and next Fall. Would be a way better second job option than Target. Question is, how do I fit in another 10 hours of work in addition to this crazy job and multiple classes? Guess I'll figure it out. Need the deneros.

10. Speaking of second jobs, I'm super happy not to have had to work Black Friday and not to be working at Target through the holidays like last year. I probably should be, but getting the first real break from most of the stressful day to day things (work, classes) for the first time in two years is welcome. I've not had more than a three day weekend off since Fall 2007 and I'm way overdue. :)

1 comment:

Homeslice said...

congrats on escaping the manacles of retail hell!