Wednesday, December 09, 2009



Life has been so complex and busy for so long, I can't seem to not think in bullet points:

1. All work for classes this semester is complete and the last classes were Monday night. Six classes down, seventeen more to go (plus comps and dissertation, ugh) for my fancy degree. It's a ton of work, but I like feeling smart and having a purpose.

2. The tree and decorations are up. I now realize that the house is really that much bigger than the old one. The tree, which took up half the living room at the old place, doesn't take up the whole foyer at the new place. Yay for more space (even if I have to clean more)!

3. All Christmas presents, few and small though they are, have been bought and most have been wrapped.

4. The barrage of holiday gatherings has begun. Some are more fun than others.

5. I now realize that I truly have a teenager, and all the fun and not so fun and more stressful stuff that comes with that.

6. Work is nuts but I'm getting a ton of really solid work done. It's hard but I feel good about the work I'm doing. This job is far different than what I expected, but for the first time I feel truly needed and valued. What a difference from a year ago.

7. I am ready for 2010 to be better than 2009, like that was better than 2008 and that was better than 2007. There is no real criteria. It's just a general wish.

8. After Christmas, my fat ass will be working out again one way or another. Just walking a few days a week will be the first goal. Trying to rope in friends so there is accountability.

9. T-minus fourteen days and counting until winter break. Eleven days of nothing on the schedule, about half of which will be spent at the beach. I almost don't know what I'll do when I have nothing that has to be done.

10. On tap next week with the kidlet: dinner at PF Changs (thank you M&D for the late bday gift certificate) and an evening at the L.G. Botanical Garden lights display. Should make for a very nice, relaxing holiday mom and kidlet evening.

2 comments:

Homeslice said...

hey not sure where you work out but i always love work out buddies :-) makes everything better!

Ms. Maladjusted said...

I don't have the money these days for a gym membership, so the current plan is to hit the university gym (free) after work a couple days a week and hopefully walk somewhere a couple other days. Hope this craptastic weather lets up after Christmas so I don't freeze my arse off!