Friday, March 05, 2010

Wish I could find the motivation to write but these days life is so hectic that by the time I've found something to say, I've already forgotten it and moved on to the next thing.

The kidlet's surgery is currently postponed until August. The surgeon said that right now she's in her prime growth phase and could gain another inch or two (plus another inch or two after the surgery which would make her like 5'9!) and they don't like to do the surgery while kids are in that growth phase. There is also a slight chance they'll opt not to do it at all, if it's not worse then and not causing her pain. I don't cope well with unfinished business, so I guess while I'm glad she isn't losing her summer to healing, the thought of it still looming out there bothers me. Regardless, we will stay strong. We will do what needs done. We will be okay.

My dog, my 170 pound beast, is epileptic. He had another seizure last week and man, a dog that big with seizures is insane. Thankfully, they aren't very severe and they aren't very often at this point, so we just watch and log info on them and take it from there. Sometimes I feel like I'm running a hospital.

Oh, and I had a cold last week, my first in a long time. I forgot how much they are THE SUCK.

Anyhoo... in other news, I am down about 16 pounds since the new year thanks to my renewed diet and exercise vigor. I have to say, now that it's getting to be habit again, it's not too bad. The hardest part is starting to exercise, but after that it's pretty smooth sailing. I'm still hungry a lot, but somehow I'm ok with that right now. My pants are starting to fall off and I had to buy a (really awesome leather studded) belt. Crazy days.

Work is super busy. School is super busy. Next year I will be going to school FULL TIME for the year, that is in addition to the FULL TIME job I work. As part of my degree requirements, we have to do a "residency", which is one year of taking a full course load. Now, I've been taking two-thirds of the course load and managing to stay sane (well, as sane as possible), but adding yet another class is something I just can't wrap my head around these days. How am I going to do this? I guess the answer is "who needs sleep"?

I feel like there is so much more going on these days but at this moment my brain is just too full to actually think of them, so I guess I'll peace out here for now. Be good to each other.

No comments: