Thursday, June 17, 2010

Well, the trip to Chicago was somewhat less entertaining than the last one to San Fran. I'm sure a lot of that had to do with the fact that I've been to Chicago more than once, whereas my only trip out west was when I was too young to appreciate it. I didn't even really take pics in Chicago, but some highlights included a White Sox game, a fabulous tapas meal outside on the sidewalk in the cathedral district, tons of walking around on the riverfront, witnessing a big rally complete with tons of cops on horseback, and being there for the Blackhawks game when they went to the Stanley Cup finals. Made the best of it, but the trip was just kind of meh. At least the next one is to New Orleans!

I'm reacclimating more and more to being back in Virginia. It's been over two years now and I'm really loving it here. Last weekend I felt my redneck roots, heading out on the river for the day, riding around in boats, drinking while swimming in the water, shooting my first firearm (an AK47!), eating steamed crabs on a newspaper covered picnic table outside, roasting marshmellows and eating s'mores around a firepit on the water, and generally being an ass. :)

Making it down to the beach a lot more this summer too. I am so tan already it's rediculous. This is my first weekend home in three weeks, then I'm back off to the beach again next weekend. I'm working flex hours this summer so I can have three day weekends most weeks. It makes for some long work days, but it's totally worth it for the long weekends.

Dropping weight still like it's going out of style. I've lost 37 pounds so far since shortly after the new year, and dropped almost three sizes since then. Weigh in is tomorrow, so hoping that number continues to be in the right direction. Having a free gym here is a definate plus, even if they don't really have classes to go to. I'm making my way around all the machines though, and really have increased my stamina and health.

That's about all I've got to report. Travelling, beach, work, gym... that about sums it up for this past month.

No comments: